Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lips for the Limelight

Lips have become a recent obsession of mine. I rarely wore lipsticks in my earlier years, but as I age, I have come to realize that it is the easiest way to add color to the face. Lipsticks are easily interchangeable and takes less than two minutes to take on and off.

Most of the lipsticks colors I wear are considered subtle, easy for the everyday work look. However, during my last makeup shopping trip, I found a very unique and stunning color for those who dare.

My two purchases are:

Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion
Make Up For Ever Rogue Artist Intense in Number 15

 
One of things I appreciate most about Urban Decay is their attention to detail on their packaging; which makes buying the product a little easier, don't you think? This product promises to provide long-lasting color for your lipstick and to prevent feathering.


 
This lipstick base is ok at best. It is very hard to put on and tugs at your lips. I also noticed that it has a bad drying effect; making your lips look like they are chapped! I gave this product a shot because Urban Decay had a huge success with its Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The only real use I can see for this product is if you wanted to wear red lipstick without wearing a lip liner.
 
 
On the contrary to Urban Decay, Make Up For Ever truly focuses on being a very professional line of makeup. I highly recommend trying them if you have not; they have an arsenal of very cool and unique colors.

 
It took me several attempts with my camera to try to capture the true intensity of this color; and this shot nailed it. It goes on as a mixture of fuschia and purple with flecks of blue . This color is not for the faint of heart. When wearing this color, I would recommend keeping the rest of your makeup very mute. Try it with a black smokey eye or just black eyeliner with mascara to really let your lips be the main attraction.
 
The mage-nagerie lives on.

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying your vibrant descriptions of color and textures. Your writing style is engaging. It's more like a conversation with a friend than a stuffy review. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete